A simple recipe to keep every member of the family happy with your brew hobby!
- 4 cups spent grain**
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 2 eggs
- Take all the ingredients and mix in a large bowl, until it looks pretty evenly mixed up.
- Spread the mixture on a 12 ¾ x 9 x 2 pan (Placing tinfoil underneath helps with cleanup).
- Press the dough around until you’ve got approximately an even inch of thickness.
- Bake for about 30 min at 350 F to solidify them.
- Remove from the oven and if you’re feeling creative, use a cookie cutter to make shapes, or take a knife and cut them into squares.
- Reduce the heat to 225 degrees and bake them on a cook sheet for four to five hours. It may take longer for thicker treats.
- Make sure that you bake the treats until they are completely dried out. If they aren’t totally dry, they can become moldy.
- Store in an air tight container.
**IMPORTANT REMINDER: Be sure there are NO HOPS included with the spent grain. Hops are toxic to dogs and can cause extreme illness or death.